What Makes a Website Sell?
Well, it starts by attracting the right type of visitors. You know, the ones who want to do business with you and actually have the money to pay for it? That's the kind of web visitor we are talking about here.
But getting them to your website isn't always easy - and well, it's only half the battle really. The other half is delighting them with your content and then convincing them to do business with you!
That's they key to creating a website that sells.
It's Not as Easy as it Sounds
Yes! Writing a website is easy! Anyone can do that. But writing a website that sells? Well now, that takes a little more effort. After all, you've got to consider your audience and their tiny attention-span, craft your company's messaging, sprinkle in the right amount of keywords for SEO, and plan for conversions.
Not to mention all of the distractions you've got to contend with. Unless by some miracle all of your other responsibilities have been put on hold, you are going to have to write this business website somewhere in between constant emails, phone calls, meetings and just doing your normal, every day job.
And to top it all off, you've got some personal hangups to contend with.
- Procrastination - You're probably thinking you'll have better luck tomorrow.
- Writer's Block - You and that blank screen are living happily ever after.
- Resentment - You are still ticked off about your last website project.
- Constant Revisions - You cant make a decision about a period vs. an exclamation point.
- A Fear of Writing - You're afraid that your writing actually does stink.
- Fear of Failure - You're worried that after all your hard work, it still won't work.
That could be a nightmare!
It doesn't have to be torture, you know.
Lot's of people suffer from anxiety about writing, but they've figured out how to overcome it. And everyone puts things off, but at some point you realize that procrastination is too expensive to let linger - and inspiration doesn't show it's face until you've put forth a little effort.
Hundreds and thousands of people are writing and launching their websites - and are happily reaping the benefits. You can, too!
Just imagine for a moment what it will feel like when your website is finally done. What a sense of accomplishment you will feel - a heavy weight lifted off of your shoulders!
Think about the excitement you will experience when you finally start getting phone calls and emails from people who want to do business with you and actually have the money to pay for it!
And what about the other rewards?
- Will your sales team stop complaining about bad leads?
- Will you finally get the recognition you deserve around the office?
- Will you get a commission, raise or promotion?
- Will you get to expand your business?
- Will you stop worrying about where your next customer is going to come from?
Seriously, what is keeping you from getting this thing done? Is it lack of time? Fear of failing? Do you resent the project? Or is there something else going on?
Because the way I see it, you've got too much to lose to wait any longer.
You don't have to be a good writer to architect a website that sells! You just need a good plan for getting the job done!
What if You Could Finish Your Website in Two Weeks?
Seriously? What if you had a plan that walked you, step-by-step, through organizing and writing every single page on your business website? A no-nonsense, straightforward, actionable guide that you could just follow - without any hassle - and without too much thinking?
Well, that plan would probably look something like this:
- Day 1 - Define Customer Profiles - Identify who is coming to your website by creating buyer personas that uncover your audience’s pain and motivations for buying.
- Day 2 - Clarify Your Message - Clearly define how your business solutions effectively solve your customers’ pain, and customize that message for each buyer persona.
- Day 3 - Identify Keywords and Phrases - Uncover the right keywords and phrases that best represent how your audience members talk about and search for a solution to their pain.
- Day 4 - Create Your Sitemap - Identify the web pages you will need on your website in order to adequately solve your visitor’s pain, move them down the sales funnel and motivate them to do business with you. Organize those pages based on how the user will interact with your website.
- Day 5 - Define On-Page SEO - Create an SEO strategy for each page in your sitemap. Positively influence the search engine ranking for each page and attract quality traffic to your website.
- Day 6 - Create Mini-Plans - Set up and organize your workspace. Then summarize your work from days 1-5 into a detailed outline for each page. Know exactly what to write on each page before starting.
- Day 7 - Write Your Homepage - Write a homepage that not only attracts the right types of visitors to your website, but intrigues visitors to stay, click through, learn more and complete an action.
- Day 8 - Write Your Sub-Pages - Write a sub-page that takes visitors through your sales funnel and inspires them to do business with you!
- Day 9 - Write Your Form Pages - Write a form page that effectively captures qualified leads and converts sales.
- Day 10 - Practice Creativity - Fight writer’s block with ten proven activities that will help you brainstorm creative ideas, organize your thoughts and jump start your writing.
If you follow a plan like that, then you will have written your entire business website - one that attracts qualified visitors, engages them with relevant stories and solutions, and motivates them to do business with you - all in ten days or less!
And What if You Had Examples & Sample Copy to Follow?
What if for every day in that plan, you were not only told what to do - but you were also shown exactly how to do it through real business examples and lots of sample copy? If you could see what an effective business website looks like - would that help you finish the job? Would that boost your writing confidence, and help you fight writer's block?
And imagine if you had page templates - one for your homepage, one for your sub-pages and two for your form pages - so you could just plug the content in, send the files to your designer, and be done with it!
I bet all of that would cut your writing time in half!
And What if You Knew Your Were Saving Money in the Long Run?
The cost to hire a qualified web copywriter these days will cost you anywhere from $120 to over $300 per page. If your website is 10-pages, that could cost you $1,200-$3,000 just for copywriting alone! You would also have to consider architectural planning, and later, design and development costs.
Of course, you could take a copywriting course - but that could cost you upwards of $1,000, and you would still have to plan, organize and write your website on your own.
Wouldn't it be more cost-effective to just follow a simple, inexpensive guide?
Well, you are in luck - because I made one just for you!
Architect a Business Website that Sells
In this book, I've created a non-technical guide for copywriters, business owners and marketing professionals to create a business website that attracts qualified visitors, generates leads and converts sales. You don't have to know HTML, or anything about SEO - heck, you don't even have to be a good writer to make this plan work for you!
The book is broken down into two weeks - or 10 days - and it walks you through a variety of exercises and activities each day. In the first week, you will plan and organize your entire website, and then in the second week you will actually write each page.
To help you complete this process, I've created a 10-Day Game Plan, an additional workbook that provides further explanation of each activity and lesson, and space for you complete each activity. Plus, the 10 Day Game Plan includes two business examples - 1 B2C company, and 1 B2B company.
And if that isn't enough, I've also created sample copy and web page templates - one for your homepage, one for your sub-pages and two different styles for your conversion form pages. With these, you can literally just plug in your content - save the files - and send them off to your designer! These things are going to save you tons of time and lots of headaches in the longrun.
If you follow my process and use my guides, you will undoubtedly have a website that sells!
But Don't Take My Word For It!
"Shanna's recommendations have more than doubled my business! Who wouldn't want that? Read the book, follow the process and do the work. You won't be disappointed!"
Michael Westafer, CEO of Roger West Creative
"Architect a Business Website That Sells" is a great guide that leads you through the process of writing a website--step by step. I'm an experienced copywriter and I picked up many new ideas from this ebook. Thanks for sharing your expertise!"
Get Started Today!
Just the Book
epub, mobi & pdf
Everything you need to know about how to plan and write a business website that sells.
- Step-by-Step Writing Process
- Basic Examples
- Over 30 Writing Activities
- 10 Brainstorming Exercises
- A Dozen Illustrations
- And so much more...
The Complete Package
eBook, Game Plan, Templates & Sample Copy
In addition to all of the DIY materials, you can cut your time in half with web page templates and sample copy!
- The Entire eBook
- The 10-Day Game Plan
- Four Webpage Templates
- Tons of Sample Copy
- Instructional Videos
eBook & Game Plan
The book plus an organized space for you to complete all of the activities explained in the book.
- The Entire eBook
- Space to Complete All Activities
- B2C - Example of Each Activity
- B2B - Example of Each Activity
- 5 Worksheets with Examples
- Supplementary Documents
Not sure if you want to buy the eBook just yet? No problem! I'll give you the first chapter, absolutely free. It's my gift to you.Download
Meet the Author
For nearly a decade I have empowered business leaders, entrepreneurs and marketing professionals to strategically grow their companies through the practical use of marketing, design and technology. Throughout the years my initiatives have allowed organizations to achieve over 300% ROI, 40-60% revenue growth, $15 million in secured grant funds and so much more. Some have even doubled in size!
Helping businesses to accelerate growth through smart marketing is what I do best.
Web copywriting is just one of the many things I do, but it happens to be my personal favorite! Writing is a passion - it's my creative outlet - and I love using it to help businesses share their brand story in a way that connects with their audience, inspires action and ultimately grows their business.
I also love teaching! I co-developed one of the only bachelor degree programs for Internet Marketing within the United States, and taught university and college-level courses for 4 years. Now I teach by offering group, one-on-one, in-person and remote business training services - and by publishing books like this one.
Bought the complete package? Access the videos here!